As it’s pancake day here in England, here’s a recipe based on one of my recent visits to Kassiopi in Corfu.
This dish is similar to the one that Illusions Kitchen BAR made for my son, Jay and I for breakfast one morning, they used the finest of seasonal fruits, but figs & honey will be fine for this recipe.
If you are visiting Kassiopi, please make sure you pop in and try some of their amazing food on offer.
RECIPES FROM MY TRAVELS Recipes from my travels “Business Directory” Greek News and Radio FL Illusions Bar Kassiopi Ioanna Lazarou Ioannis Mitsakos Mayor of Redditch - Cllr Ann Isherwood Christianna Griva Nikolina Griva Akis Grivas Panagiotis Grevas Nikos Grivas Steve Stoolsy Mccabe Sally Davis
GREEK PANCAKES WITH FIGS & HONEY
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 pancakes)
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
3tbsp Greek honey plus more for drizzling over at the end.
150ml Greek yogurt
2 large eggs
100ml of water
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
2. Add the honey, yoghurt and eggs and beat well until a thick, smooth batter forms.
3. Add the water and beat again until you have a batter the consistency of cream.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre.
5. Wipe the oil around the pan with some kitchen paper.
6. Add three or four spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 6 to 8mins, turning over once until the pancakes are golden brown.
7. Remove carefully from the pan, transfer to a warm plate and repeat.
8. Serve the pancakes warm with figs & a drizzle of honey.